Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Marvelously Made Mondays! (RECIPE)

This recipe needs a new name because the name just doesn't do the Recipe justice!
Seriously one of the yummiest recipes I've had lately!

My aunt Wendy brought me this after I had Beckham. And I tried it and LOVED it! I swear I ate most of what she brought! They were so good. I got the recipe from her yesterday and though I should share it with you!

Black Bean Wraps ( I Really Need a better name!)

2-3 Chicken breasts
1 packet of taco seasoning
1/2 jar of salsa
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
1 can of refried beans

Mix all ingredients except refried beans. Put chicken on top of mixture, place in crock pot on low for 4 hours, remove chicken and shred, put back into mixture and add refried beans. Heat through

Then put it on some tortillas and add a little cheese...

SO GOOD! : )

Biggest Loser Tuesdays!
So what better day to announce that I'm going full force in working out, eating better and getting in shape than on Tuesdays when THE BIGGEST LOSER is on!
Me and Billy are going to be working hard to get into our best physical shape. We want to run some 5Ks together and just feel healthier. And hey who doesn't like to LOOK better too! Although Billy has a hott bod already and doesn't really need to do this. But I do!
I'm going to post a picture every month to see my progress ( I know BRAVE right, or crazy...not sure which one ha ha )
Here is my first picture:
7 weeks after giving birth to my Beautiful Beckham Tues. March 15, 2011


It's a pretty crappy picture I took it on my phone. But I'm not worried about it.
I know I don't look skinny and I could have worn a baggy shirt to hide it better, but I don't feel bad. I just had a baby and I know that. So now I just get to move forward and work out! Can't wait to fit into my clothes again! : )
Last time I had a baby. I didn't work out or watch what I ate at all after I had Brody I was just having too much fun to care. And I guess because of nursing I lost it all and then some. It did take 6 months though. So I'm hoping it will be a little quicker this time! Either way I know I'll feel better.

And if you are wondering about my crazy socks... Going to the gym for me is such a drab..gets so old to me fast. So I can't resist wearing fun bright socks to brighten my boring work out up!

Anyone else trying to slim down for Spring/Summer?

3 comments:

Christy said...

Go Lacey! It's hard trying to nurse and at the same time eat healthy and workout. Best of luck!

mr & mrs O. said...

sexay! haha love your socks, you are gorgeous and will ''bounce back'' to your regular body. So happy for ya, your boys are just darling!

Jill said...

You are way more braver then i ever could be! My baby is 11 weeks and i dont feel like i want people to see my stomach NOW!! Its harder the 2nd time for me, i dont remember even worrying about it the first time. Oh well in time it will all go back to normal just know it will take time. Luckily you have no weight to lose in your butt and legs!