Monday, February 28, 2011

My New Life as a Mom of 2

Well I have completely abandoned my blog as you can see. I LOVE blogging maybe cause I'm a journal keeper so for me it's just one more way to keep track of everything that happens and say what's on my mind. But taking care of 2 kids is my new life.

Can I just say it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much harder, more stressful, more exhausting than I could have ever imagined! As I tell people who have 2 kids this, they all seem to be so surprised and say " really? Transitiioning to One baby was much harder for me"
I just can't relate at all! One baby was heaven, easy, I felt sort of guilty that I just got to stay at home all day and play with a cute perfect baby. He slept all night and took tons of naps so I had plenty of time to do whatever... it's was so fun! Plus It took 9 months to get pregnant the first time and then of course 9 month pregnancy so by they time Brody got here I couldn't wait another second! Billy is a super hands on dad and we would fight over who got to make him stop crying, or who got to hold him, or even change his diaper( in the begining)

Now not to say I don't adore this new little guy. Because I love him so much!! He's the sweetest and he could be Brody's twin brother! But seriously I am having the HARDEST time adjusting to taking care of 2.
If I even think about sitting down for a second, brushing my own teeth, or taking a shower one of them starts crying, screaming, pooping their pants, or needs to be fed! I wonder how people ever have more than 2 kids!! ha ha

I know it'll get easier and I'm happy to do all of the work and take care of them it's just A LOT harder than I had expected!

On the plus side there are 2 kids now so Me and Billy don't have to fight over one of them! : ) One for each of us.

I better post some pictures.....
These are from yesterday after church
 You can tell getting a picture of all 3 looking decent is still pretty impossible : )
 We went to the park to feed the ducks, but it was such a beautiful day that I guess everyone in all of Snellville, Georgia had the same idea because the ducks wouldn't even eat our bread! They were all so full.
 Beckham checking things out...
 Billy and Brody having so much fun at the park....

I love Brody's face you can tell he's just having so much fun! To be a kid again.....

3 comments:

Marin said...

Lacey, I had the HARDEST time adjusting to two as well. Seriously, the first 4 months were impossible. I think my husband came home to me crying every single night. You're not alone in your thoughts! Just know, that it does get easier. Maybe it doesn't get easier, we just adjust to the craziness. But seriously, my baby is now 7 months old, and I kind of feel like I have a handle on things. Going out is still so dang hard, and I always wonder why I do it! Anyway, you're doing great, and your boys are lucky to have you!!!

Ryan and Brindi said...

wow, sounds exhausting but at the same time i look at how cute your two boys are with their daddy holding them and it just makes me so excited to have another one! :)

Time-Out With Tiffany said...

we are going through the same adjustments here at our place so I am glad I am not the only one! But we are loving it and totally know how you feel!