Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Brody's going to be a BIG BROTHER!

Baby #2 is coming soon!
I already announced it on Facebook but I can't forget about the blogging world. We are having baby number 2! The baby is due January 31st 2011! We are really excited but also still feeling a little bit shocked. : )
We had just barely started trying...And last time it took us 9 months to get pregnant with Brody. And it was so hard each month that we would find out we weren't pregnant. So we decided to just not think about it this time around.If it takes a year so what! We are in no hurry. We figured it would be less stressful and when Heavenly father wanted to send us a baby we'd be so happy to have it!
Well apparently it was time!
I starting feeling super tired and really nauseous about 4 weeks ago. So I took a test and it said Negative. So I figured I just had some stomach bug or something. Then I kept feeling this way so I finally took another test a few days before Father's Day and it said Positive. So I guess it takes a while for it to show up.
Because I am 9 weeks pregnant!
( This is at 4 weeks when I figured I was pregnant)
I have to admit though I'm a little nervous. I didn't have a lot of time to think about another baby in our lives. And It's all hitting me that we're going to be parents of TWO kids! A family of FOUR! And they won't even be 2 years apart! So it will be a challenging first couple of months but after we get the hang of 2 I'm sure we'll LOVE it! : )
I absolutely LOVE being a Mom and I was thinking today about how much I smile now that I'm a Mom. I just smile at cute little Brody all day long. At all the funny things he does and says. At all his funny faces... and all his precious open mouth kisses he loves to give! I knew I'd love being a parent but it's more than I could have ever imagined! It's the best thing that has ever happened to me...well besides marrying Billy!

5 comments:

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

congrats again!! being a mother of two is a FULL TIME JOB BUT worth every minute.!! lyla is 3 weeks today so i'm no pro but it is just so fun and crazy all at the same time. so happy for you

Nearly Flowers said...

We are so excited for you guys! Having another one just doubles the fun:) Congrats!!!!

chel wakley said...

Congrats that is soo exciting.

Mackay Family said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

Brian and Kaitlin said...

Yay!!! I hope it's a boy, so Brody has a little brother to play with, and so he can wear Brody's hand me downs, because I know he has tons of clothes that he probably only wore once. BUT I wouldn't be sad if it was a girl, I would love to go shopping for some cute little girl dresses :) And I hope we move to Savannah so that we can drive up and spend some time with Brody and baby #2 when he/she is born...I can't wait to hold another little baby!!